Kids on Computers Subcommittees are project or event based groups consisting of a subset of KOC volunteers.
Subcommittees can be formed in the following ways:
Responsibilities of each subcommittee
- Determine goals and objectives of the subcommittee; Request authority from Board
- Determine who the subcommittee consists of
- Create mailing list for subcommittee
- Report progress and outcomes to Board on a monthly basis
- Send a synopsis of outcomes to the larger KOC list upon project or event completion.
I would actually propose that we do. Sometimes it's clear what to delegate when we create a sub-committee, for example, the India group had $5,000. Other times, maybe the committee could come back and ask for authority. For example, the board could approve the Mexico group to:
- Decide which schools to improve.
- Decide to add new schools (or maybe the board wants to reserve that right)
- Spend up to $5,000
- Take as many of the remaining tablets as they can effectively use
- Install whatever software they decide is appropriate.
And in exchange the sub-committee clearly states who will be part of the decision and reports back in the end.