Last Updated:' 06/12/2014 By: Avni
This page describes how to install CyanogenMod 9 onto an HP TouchPad. It refers to file and directory names found in the previous step: Configuring webOS.
These steps are dependent on the host system being properly set up with the correct files. All steps specified in PC Setup should be complete before starting here.
Prepare the TouchPad
- Boot the TouchPad to webOS.
- Connect the TouchPad to the PC with the provided USB cable.
- A USB notification window will pop up on the TouchPad display.
- Select USB Drive mode.
- The TouchPad will be assigned a device drive number by Windows Explorer.
- Windows Explorer will create a window open to the TouchPad's root directory.
Create the install directory
Create a directory
cminstall in the webOS root directory. Precise spelling and case is essential.
Copy the four .zip files from the PC's
cminstall.dir folder into the TouchPad
Create the backup recovery directory
- Create a directory
clockworkmodin the webOS root directory.
- Create a directory
backupin the newly created
- Copy the CM-9 configuration archive files to the
/clockworkmod/backupdirectory. There should be only one directory under
/clockworkmod/backupand it should be named
Eject the TouchPad, then disconnect the USB cable from the TouchPad
Reboot and Install
Reboot the TouchPad into USB (recovery) mode
- Shutdown the tablet
- Hold PowerOn button and Volume UP simultaneously until the large white USB symbol appears on the TouchPad display.
- Connect TouchPad to PC with provided USB cable. The PC will give a tone indicating the connection is made.
On the PC, open a Windows Command execution window
cd C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc
- Excute the following command:
novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller3
- The prompt will return within a second or two.
- The TouchPad display will change to the HP logo and then immediately to the Double Penguin display mode.
- Screens of text will scroll by while the installation proceeds.
- The TouchPad will reboot in five minutes or so.
- Disconnect the TouchPad from the PC as it boots.
Moboot should present multiple boot selections, and it should default to CyanogenMod 9 after a timeout of about five seconds. Allow the TouchPad to boot to CM-9. It takes two or more minutes to reboot.
Proceed to configure the CM-9 environment.